Welcome from the Chair of Governors
As you will be aware, there have been many changes at the school. This includes the reconstitution of the Governing Body.
We are pleased to say we have some loyal long standing Governors remaining and also some new, well qualified Governors who have joined us.
We have an important role in monitoring the school Development Plan, the safety, welfare and educational progress of all our students.
There is no doubt that there are challenging times ahead but we have every confidence in the staff and school leadership.
Parent interest and support in promoting the school is invaluable and ensures TPS has a strong partnership with the local community.
Together we can all work towards school improvement and the standards that ensure our students prosper.
Mrs M Cassin
Chair of Governors
The Heath Family (NW) MAT
The LGB operates under a Scheme of Delegation determined by the Trustees of The Heath Family. To find out about who the trustees are, their roles in the Trust and details of their appointment and pecuniary interests – please click here.
To read minutes of their meetings, please click here
Our Governing Body comprises of:
|Cassin, Margaret||Trust Appt’d|
|Murphy, Peter||Trust Appt’d|
|Bell, Thalia||Trust Appt’d|
|Hennessey, Paul||Trust Appt’d|
Tim Fields, Parent, Term of Office 03.10.18 – 23.09.20
Denise Allen, Trust Appointed, Term of Office 20.09.18 – 04.02.21
Duvall, Karl, Trust Appointed, Term of Office 20.09.18 – 31.08.21
Swanwick, Roy, Parent, 04.03.19 -31.08.21
Bates, Karen, Staff, 16.12.19 – 31.08.21
Madden, Andrew, Staff, 14.11.18 – 02.12.21
McGunigle, Laura, Trust Appointed, Term of Office 03.02.19 – 12.05.22
The following documents are also available:
- Governing Body Summary (May 2022)
- Governors Body Register of Business Interests (May 2022)
- Governing Body Summary (Jan 2022)
- Governors Register of Business Interests 2021-22 (Updated March 2022)
- Governance Impact Statement (2018/19)
- Governors Impact Report (2020/21
- Governor pen portraits (updated Sept 2021)
- Governors Register of Business Interests (2020-21, updated Feb 2021)
- Register of Business Interests (2019-20, updated Dec 19)
- Governor attendance (Sept 2020 – July 2021)
- The Role of the School Governor
All correspondence with The Prescot School’s governing body can be made c/o Karen Brackley, Clerk to Governors: KBrackley@prescotschool.org.uk
Information about being a school governor can also be seen on the website of the National Governors Association.