During these uncertain times we wanted to highlight the funding that some now may be entitled to if family situations have changed.
Parents can avail of free school meals for their children if they access the following :
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The guaranteed element of Pension Credit · Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
· Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get) Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
To check to see if you are entitled, please go to the Knowsley Borough Council website: https://www.knowsley.gov.uk/residents/education-and-schools/school-meals-and-menus
Contact telephone number for the Free School Meals Team is 0151 443 4042 should you wish to ring. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Miss A Kennedy
Head of School