The PE department strives to support the school mission statement and school values through ensuring that pupils;
- Participate fully in a broad and balanced programme of activities.
- Are given every opportunity to fulfill their potential in a range of sporting roles, as a performer, instructor, official or informed spectator.
- Through team work develop and demonstrate skills of co-operation and respect for themselves and others.
- Through sporting values learn to support, encourage and care for each other and value the environment in which we learn and live.
- Recognise the wealth of sporting opportunities available to everyone and the community, receiving the support and encouragement necessary to feel confident in joining local clubs and agencies.
- Enjoy physical activity at The Prescot School and continue in life beyond.
- Develop the competence, creativity and performance of pupils in a range of sporting activities and broaden sporting horizons.
- Extend opportunities during curricular and outside of curriculum time providing lifelong learning and active participation.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of health, fitness and safety to lead and promote healthy lifestyles.
- Develop pupil leadership and co-operation amongst peers, being responsible for their own and others learning.
- Use physical activity as a driving force at raising cross curricular standards around the school.
The Prescot School Sports Leadership Programme
We run our own successful leadership programme to develop pupils life skills through ‘Team Time’ in lessons, assisting at after school clubs and helping organise and run primary school festivals that we host here at our school and around the wider community.
‘’The Prescot School’s brilliant Sports Leaders are invaluable to KSSP. They officiate and run a wide range of our Primary competitions and always show exceptional Leadership and Organisational skills, as well as being excellent role models for the primary school children to aspire to”
– David Sweeney (Knowsley Schools Competitions Manager)
– Kerstine Hogg (Partnership Development Manager)
Key Stage 3 Assessment Criteria