Mental and emotional health is as important as physical health and well-being. It directly impacts thinking, emotions, decision making and behaviour. It doesn’t mean being happy all the time, but it does mean having the resilience and social skills to cope with things.
Through our pastoral support team of Form Tutors, Heads of Year, mentors, pastoral assistants, Kooth Counsellors and school nurse and through assemblies, events and PSHE curriculum we provide work on:
- Confidence and self-esteem building
- Advice on personal life style choices as well as health, well-being and fitness
- Supporting students with medical needs
- Mediation and conflict resolution
- Emotional support and counselling
- Information re anti-bullying and e-safety
- GRIT programme in KS3
By promoting positive mental health, pupils will develop skills and resilience techniques to cope with every day challenges throughout their school years and beyond into adulthood.