The Year 7 Catch-Up premium provides additional funding to schools to accelerate the progress of identified pupils in English and Mathematics. The funding is aimed at Year 7 pupils who have not met the national standard in the Key Stage 2 national curriculum tests in reading, grammar and/or mathematics. The funding enables the school to deliver additional support, such as individual tuition or intensive support in small groups, for those pupils that most need it, so that they catch up with their peers. Some activities identified will be for all students so a % of the funding is identified to support the identified ‘catch up’ cohort.
Year 7 Catch-Up Premium 2017/2018
|A combination of Reading, grammar and numeracy||21|
The amount of funding for 2017-2018 is £19,000.
Resources to Support Learning
- Teachers and Learning Support Assistants offering extra intervention and support in literacy and numeracy (small group work and break out groups).
- Bespoke curriculum for those requiring ‘catch up’ and resources to boost literacy (curriculum time).
- Specialist teachers x 2, 1 day per week to coordinate a program of specialist support for speech and language.
- eLibrary facility for students at home.
- GRIT project – a program to develop resilience and basic skills.
- Wider literacy and numeracy across the school, including resources for intervention in form tutor time.